Friday, August 24, 2007

Welcome!

Hello!

I've started this blog as--hopefully--an easy way for me to communicate with everyone while in Bangladesh. For anyone who may not be familiar with the details, I've just recently been awarded a Fulbright research grant to study arsenic poisoning in rural Bangladesh, and, admittedly, I'm absolutely thrilled to have been given this opportunity!

I'll be leaving at the end of December or beginning of January for a year of classes and research: I will be affiliated with the BRAC University School of Public Health and BRAC, an NGO based in Dhaka. See the links to the right for information about these and other organizations

So, once I arrive in Bangladesh, I'll offer postings about my experiences there. Until then, however, I thought I would use my time to outline the problem of arsenicosis, my intended research, and possibly to discuss the adventure that is Teaching Myself Bengali.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to offer comments!
-Alicia

1 comment:

Renee said...

Hurrah Alicia-bAndhobi!