Sunday, October 14, 2007

Status Update

So now that I've managed to bore you with several technical posts, I figured I'd fill you in on my latest trip-prep developments.

I have officially been granted health clearance, and I've also been fully immunized against a whole host of diseases. I've been given a prescription for malaria medication--Mefloquine--that can allegedly cause vivid dreams. Mine are pretty vivid at present, so any amplification could be pretty interesting. I've also gotten my visa, and I'm buying my plane ticket this week. A bit more paperwork to follow, and I'll be good to go!

Otherwise, I've been enjoying Vermont. I'm using the 'downtime' to read--both for fun to keep up with new developments in arsenic-related research--and to relish my last days of rural solitude before moving to the most densely populated country in the world. Not a whole lot else to report, so I'll call it quits for now.

And for the sake of adding a visual element to this page, some pictures of fall in Vermont:



2 comments:

Renee said...

I think I will come live at your house while you're in Bangladesh. VERMONT!

Sue said...

NICE pictures!! But no cheese!

Be sure to blog about your newly vivid-er dreams. This could be fun - you'll make Jaime sooooo jealous.