Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One Week Later...

From my side, not much has happened in the last week. I recovered nicely from my little battle with bacteria, and then I studied a lot for my first epidemiology exam (which was this morning--I think it went well). However, it would seem that my experience with food problems was just the first...

Yesterday the student from Ethiopia had similar symptoms, and ultimately ended up spending the night at the same hospital (in the same unit, even) with the same treatment. He actually had a culture done, though, and should have the results by tomorrow. Whatever he had is probably the same thing I had, so I'm as curious about the results as he is. He's back now, thankfully, and on the same regimen of antibiotics and oral rehydration therapy that they prescribed for me.

A couple of the other international students, too, have been complaining of mild symptoms lately, so it's starting to look like we have a small outbreak on our hands. It's certainly causing some fear among those who haven't had any problems yet... The administration is beginning to be more concerned now, though, so it will be interesting to see how all of this pans out.

2 comments:

Sue said...

you trendsetter!

Jaime said...

Ooh - you guys can use yourselves for your exams!