Friday, March 21, 2008

Recovery

I'm happy to report that I feel about 12000x better now than I did on Monday. All my fluids have been restored, and I've even gotten back onto solid food (though I'm taking it easy). I'll be taking various pills for the next few days, still, but otherwise I'm more or less normal again. In the end I only had to miss one day of lecture, and it was in biostatistics. Thanks to my prior ND training in that vein, though, I was able to catch up without too much trouble.

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes. Hopefully I'll have happier things to write about here soon. On a very happy note, however, my hospital stay (admission + consultation + treatment + ICU bed "rental" + prescriptions) cost a grand total of... 3389 Tk, which (according to today's conversion rate) is equal to $50.27. I'm still in shock!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am so glad you are feeling better. What a bargain you got for your hospital stay - in comparison I sent a couple of hours in the ED Christmas Day - I guess Santa thought I had been bad and left me the gift of a kidney stone! That 2 hour visit cost about $6000 - fortunately all paid for by my insurance!! Just made three bunny cakes for Easter - one was actually pink! Friends are taking pictures for me and when I get one will try and send it along to you! Really cute - a fluggy marshmallow tail and pink and white ears. Actually had front and back feet!! Again, so glad you are feeling better!!

Miriam

Sue said...

Great news that you're back on your feet!

As to the health care costs, perhaps you should send your story to Barak and Hilary?? (I'm perhaps blithely assuming McCain isn't in the picture, let me have my fantasy ;-)